Friday 10 August 2012

Church Of Our Lady Of Lourdes, Ipoh



This church Our Lady Of Lourdes (OLOL), is situated in Silibin, Ipoh, Perak, West Malaysia. This is my parish where I was babtised, received my first Holy Communion and Confirmation. The masses are in English and Tamil as most of the parishioners are tamillians. We have 2 other catholic churches here in Ipoh, one is The St. Michael's Church (SMC) and the other Church Of Our Mother Of Perpetual Help (OMPH). I have a lot of fond memories of OLOL - went for my cathecism classes here and when I'm down I go to the grotto and believe me all your burdens will be lifted away......at night the grotto is lighted with candles and it's a pretty sight to behold. The alter backdrop is made of marble and bears the photo of The Last Supper. I strongly believe that all what we are, what we have and what we undergo in our everyday life is God's giving. 'Praise The Lord'!

3 comments:

  1. Do I by any chance know you? Sorry you are using a nick name so I am not very sure.
    If I don't, what a coincidence, I got married at this church last year coz hubby is from Ipoh.
    And oh yes thank you for the add :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we will meet one of these days, Devi and yes, this is a beautiful church. Till we meet and oh yes.....love your recipes....looking forward to more!!!

      Delete
  2. My cousin and his family go to this church. What a small world! :-)

    ReplyDelete